Friday, March 20, 2009

New completed project







Today I *finally* started and finished a cigar box art project that I have had in my head for almost 2 years. Yay! :)
I am a *huge* Barenaked Ladies fan and love the song Beautiful (off of one of their BLAM albums). In my mind, there was a doll on one side of the box, all pinned in and restrained (because being beautiful isn't as easy as it seems) with piano wire and a super soft yarn (the sweet and sour of life) and linoleum behind her (a kitchen floor from another BNL Blam song *g*). On the inner lid of the cigar box, I saw a sky with fluffy clouds. And all over the doll, tucked into the wires and yarn, are the lyrics of Beautiful.



I had my bf drill holes into the sides of the cigar box so I could weave the wire and yarn through and pin the doll in.




And this morning, after 2 years, I started and finished the project :) I am VERY happy with the results.




I can't wait to hear what you think :)

2 comments:

Sarah Jane said...

Awesome! Love the meanings behind all of the elements. :)

2 years is a long time to ponder over a project! Congrats on getting it out of your head and into reality. :D

Parallax said...

How satisfying to finally make a long-pondered project a reality